Research Chemist / Materials Specialist
Are you a talented young professional with a keen interest in pursuing a career in R&D? And are you looking for a challenging position in an international company where you can make a difference? This role offers an excellent opportunity for young professionals that have recently graduated to be immersed in the broad field of coatings related chemistry and materials science. The laboratories of the Corporate Innovation Group play a central role in supporting the global business of allnex with in-depth research into the fundamentals of our products and their applications, exploring new technology concepts aimed at introducing next generation products with reduced sustainability impact at equal or better performance. This position will be defined for the duration of three years, with perspective on further career opportunities within allnex. If you are a team-player, creative person with strong communication skills, we welcome you to apply and look forward to speak to you soon!
Role main responsibilities
• Work on novel innovative products, their preparation and characterization of their structure and its relation with their application performance.
• Be responsible for initiating, contributing to and leading new strategic projects aimed at longer-term innovation concepts in technology for coatings and adjacent applications with a strong focus on sustainability.
• Play a broad active role in interacting with the allnex R&D community to help finding solutions for challenging technical problems.
• Provide an interface with the academic world on one side (scouting, cooperation) and with allnex customers on the other side. • Actively participate in promoting allnex technology at conferences, and to contribute to its protection through patent applications.
Prior experience and skills for successful candidate:
• Practical experience in organic, polymer or colloid chemistry with characterization and understanding material behavior (or with affinity for and practical experience with preparation of such materials).
• Preferably combining organic/polymer chemistry expertise with knowledge of colloid, physical and analytical chemistry, and a strong motivation to build fundamental understanding of structure-property-performance relations.
• Actively interested in new developments in academic and industrial materials science and chemistry.
• Creative and practical, result-oriented personality, able to scout independently for new technology leads and to apply them within the limits imposed by industrial markets.
• Able to effectively use internal and external knowledge networks.
• Multi-tasking, being able to flexibly work on multiple parallel projects, pro-active, drive for improvement. • Motivate and constructively interact with colleagues.
• Very good communication skills, fluent in English.
• Academic level education, preferably PhD or equivalent, in organic, polymer or colloid chemistry, polymer physics or material science.
We are proud to offer an international working experience with a tight-knit network of employees, making it easy to connect and learn from people all across our different functions. On top of that we are a truly innovative company with a strong team spirit, openness to new ideas, and great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
Opportunity allnex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an environment where all colleagues contribute for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities.
Please visit allnex careers page https://careers.allnex.com/ to find the position and apply directly there.back to overview